1 September 2013

The story of us

Do you remember the little story I told you guys about an engagement party from my classmate? I thought that you maybe want to know how this ended? How it is with that guy? If I still speak to him and did have more nights like those? Let me tell you first that everything's alright, with me, with him and with us. It's almost a year ago now, the engagement party and at this time The guy and me are today happily ten months together.

I will tell you our story. As you may know if you read the post, or not know, it all started at my classmate's engagement party. I was at my room in Nijmegen where I study and I was, of course, a little late because I underestimated the time I had for getting dressed and getting my hair done. So I had to hurry to get it all done on time. I also had to hurry to be on time at the train station. Of course I was a little unlucky and my train didn't ride, so I had to take a bus to Arnhem, where the party was. I had a little luck on my side, cause I did catch the bus on time. While sitting in the bus I was talking over the phone with The guy about how ridiculous we felt in our outfit in the public transportation. The guy who was sitting next to me just smiled a little scary to me and tried to look at my screen, he couldn't read what I was saying. At a given moment I started talking about dates and said I didn't have a date for that night. I didn't mean anything at all with that statement, I just hoped that he said that he didn't have a date either so that I wasn't the only one. Turned out that nobody had a date. He said to me that he already wanted to ask me to be his date for the evening but he'd rather ask me in person. I was flatterd and shocked. I mean, why me? I started blushing and I think the guy next to me definitely noticed that. I said to The guy that I almost arrived at the station where I woud meet him and a few other classmates to go to the party. So I ended the conversation and said that I would wait at the taxi place.


So I kinda got lost, cause I had never been in Arnhem. When I found the station I went sitting at the taxi's but there were five really scary men so I decided to go to Starbucks. I told The guy I would be waiting at Starbucks and orderd a latte vanilla. When I was waiting for my latte I saw him and he came to me and gave me a hug. We sat down at a table for two and I drank my coffee and started changing my flats for high heels. The he said he wanted to ask me something. I definitely knew what was coming but I was so nervous and excited at the same time. He said to me: ''SuQin, do you want to be my date for this evening?'' I felt like I was going to faint on my high heels but I nodded and said yes. In the meantime an other classmate found us at Starbucks and the three of us went looking for the classmate who would drive all of us to the destination of the party. When we found her the fun began. I was a little scared because she drove a little scary with heels. When we arrived The guy opened the door for me and helped me out of the car, how romantic. Once we were there with almost our whole class, I felt a lot less uncomfortable.

We sat all together at a big table when the food was served. It was pretty good, but I had only eyes for The guy and I was finishing up the engagement present with a classmate. After, I guess kind of dinner, it was time to dance. Me and my classmates had the time of our lives, dancing on Turkish music. When I saw the girl who was getting engaged, I was blown away by her dress. It was absolutely ah-mazing! It was a coral ballgown with sparkles everywhere, she looked absolutely stunning. At a given moment there was a litte slower music and all the couples started slow dancing. The rest of the people left the dance floor. I knew this was going to happen that evening but after a few songs The guys asked me to dance. I was a little shy and didn't want to dance at first, but my classmates persuaded me and I gave in. So The guy and I were dancing and I was so nervous, but I had a great time. I actually can't remember the rest of the evening as clear as this.

What I do remember is our goodbye. When it was time for us to go The guy walked with me to the bus. I gave him a hug and said that I would see him the next Monday. I told the other guy who came with us goodbye and gave him a friendly handshake. I just did not know what to do, so that looked to me the best thing to do in such situation. When I look back now, I think it is the most unlikely thing to do ever and I'm really ashmed. What on earth did that guy think on that moment?! He never mentioned it so I think he didn't mind. When I got home I texted The guy that I got home safe and had a really great evening. He texted back that he also did have a great night.

When I got at my parents house that weekend I told them everything and I shined when I was talking about that evening. They were absolutely sure that it was all going to be alright. That Sunday I texted The guy that we should definitely make sushi soon! -He had promised me that a while ago- So I suggested to make sushi on Monday at my house in Nijmegen. He agreed and I was so god damn nervous for the next day that I would see him again. Monday the next day after school I told The guy that I would pick him up at the station and that we then would walk to the supermarket for the ingedients. We both never made sushi ourselves. Luckily my room mate would help us a little, she works at a restaurant and was happy to help. After we both ate like three pieces of sushi we were full and went upstairs to watch some tv and talk.We sat both really nervous next to each other on my couch and I felt extremely uncomfortable. What was I supposed to say? And of course we were watching some weddingdress programme. After a while sittng next to each other he told me that he liked me. I was shocked and did not know what to say, I litteraly did say that I didn't know what to say. How stupid could I be?! We had a great evening and after all he went home a lot of hours later than planned.

We did not arrange something for a few days. We saw each other at school and talked sometimes. One day we walked from one location of our school to the other one and I told the group we walked with that I had to park my bicycle. The guy walked with me, I did not know what to do. It was so sweet. Why did I react so stupid?! I saw a friend of mine and later that day she asked me what I was doing with The guy there. I said that I didn't know what to do back then and that I had no idea why he walked with me.

The next time we saw each other outside school was after exams. He came to me and we went looking for a light bulb, because the bulb in our kitchen was broken. After hours we found one, once we arrived home, the bulb didn't fit.. We went back and got the good one. After the light bulb adventure we went to the park where we went looking to the bambi's. I had a great day. That week we saw each other almost every day after school. On Tuesday October 31th, he asked me to be his girlfriend, but I told him that it was Halloween and that I didn't want Halloween to be our anniversary, so I told him that it maybe would be a good idea to ask me the same question the next day. And so, November 1st, he asked me again if I would be his girlfried. I said yes, of course On Friday we had lunch at a really nice French restaurant and watched a movie for the first time together. Guess which one that was. It was 'The Notebook' and of course I had to cry. After 'The Notebook came the biggest surprise, our first kiss.

I cannot really remember all the stuff that happened after that week. The next thing that I can remember clearly is our one month anniversary, I was sick that week so I hadn't see him for a week and that Friday he came to me . On Satuday December 1st he brought me chocolates and one red rose.



This is our story, I hope I will remember it for the rest of my life, but just in case I won't I just wrote everything down.